Sanlúcar de Barrameda was exceptional witness one of the greatest feats that made the man. It was the place of departure and arrival of the first circumnavigation of planet Earth.
Between 2019 and 2022 the anniversary of this unique journey made 500 years ago will remember.
Commemorative documentary about Magellans First Voyage Around the World and Sanlúcars role.
In the following link you can directly access information on the tourist route has been designed by the most significant places that exist in our town associated with this significant feat:
Programmed Activities 2015:
- Sunday 6th of September.- “LAUREL WREATH” OFFERING, tribute to the seamen. Location: 1st Circumnavegation Monument, Escuelas St. at 8:45pm. Award Ceremony for the VI Prizes to the Culture and History. Location: La Merced Auditorium at 9:00pm.
- “SANLUCAR AND THE OCEANS” HISTORY FORUM. Location: Abba Palacio Casa Arizón Hotel at 9:00pm.
- Friday 11th of September.- THE BOATS OF THE DUKE OF MEDINA SIDONIA by Mr. Antonio Moreno Ollero, Historian.
- Friday 18th of September.- SANLUCAR AND THE TWO VOYAGES TO THE MOLUCCAS BY J.S. ELCANO by Mr. Manuel Romero Tallafigo , Historian.
- Thursday 17th of September.- Book Launch of “EN BUSCA DE LAS ESPECIAS, LA PRIMERA VUELTA AL MUNDO”. Organized by: Puerta de América Foundation. Location: Column Courtyard at the City Hall at 8:00pm.